Can't run the flash player

Having trouble installing AmpJuke ?
Check this.

Can't run the flash player

Postby jorick on 19-01-2011 03:53

I can't get the flash player to work. When I click on the song name, various things happen depending on the browser, but music out of my speakers isn't one of them.

Google Chrome
Clicking on the link makes the window flash for a second but then goes back to the original AmpJuke page with my songs. If I try to open the song link in a new window, I get a blank screen with no music. Viewing the source of this screen gives me:
Code: Select all
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">var rw = window.open("http://www.jorick.us/ampjuke/stream_flash.php?d=1295397420&u=admin&playlist_url=http://www.jorick.us/ampjuke/tmp/admin576fe048bab769d09cfe609532bfa49c.xspf&autoplay=1&base=http://www.jorick.us/ampjuke","AmpJuke_FlashPlayer","width=450,height=250");history.go(-1);window.focus();</script>

Firefox 3.6.13
Clicking on the link brings up a small pop-behind window with the login page. After logging in on that small window (which takes me to the main page), I can close it and click a song title in the main AmpJuke window which will bring up the pop-behind window again with the player. The player displays "loading playlist" and then gets stuck waiting for my website to respond. If I don't log in to that little window, every song I click will take me to the login page.

Internet Explorer 8
Clicking a song name brings up the pop-behind window and the song name is scrolling on the top line. The song name also appears in what looks to be a playlist, although clicking on other songs doesn't add them to the list. The play, pause, and stop buttons only change the state of the play button, but no music or progress bar appears. The volume control in the upper right corner appears to work in that I can run the cursor over it and make the bars black or gray, but no sound from the speakers. Right clicking anywhere in the window brings up a context menu with a link to Hideout. Going to the website, there are players that appear to be the same as the one in the pop-behind window, and they play music okay. Another menu item is to download the song. Selecting it causes a long wait for loading and then a blank screen. The info button works. Play All Tracks By... works by adding them to the playlist. >> and << switch songs. No music though.

Many pages return an error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /[redacted]/jorick_us/www/ampjuke/userreg.php:4) in /[redacted]/jorick_us/www/ampjuke/userreg.php on line 23

Username: guest Password: guest
jorick

Re: Can't run the flash player

Postby Michael on 23-01-2011 11:46

Hi jorick,

Thanks for the very detailed description of your problem.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the 'flash will not play problem' on any of the equipment I have:
Thinkpad T510 / Win7 / Firefox 3.6.13 or Internet Explorer 9: Works.
Lenovo 3000 / WinXP / Internet Explorer 8: Works.
Thinkpad R51 (very,very old) / WinXP / Internet Explorer 8: Works.
Lenovo Thinkcentre 9702 / Mint 10 / Chrome or Firefox 3.6.13: Works.

I've tried logging in on your box using the credentials mentioned in your previous post.
I've used the same computers w. the same browser-versions as stated above.

When using flash in the settings, the playlist loads, I can see the track(s) supposed to be played, but nothing happens...
If not using flash - and as you probably know already - AmpJuke reverts to whatever software is installed locally on the client. In my case that's Winamp for the Win$ boxes and Totem for the Mint box.
In Winamp, I get a [Timed out] error no matter what. In Totem nothing happens for quite a while and then an error is shown.

In other words: I think there's "something" that prevents streaming music from your box to other places (ie. where I'm located right now...).
This is true no matter if the flash player is used or not.
I'm sitting right next to my router, and when streaming is supposed to start from your box, no activity appears, - strange...

Since I'm not able to reproduce the problem here, using various computers w. different O/S' and browser versions, I'm not able to pinpoint exactly what your problem seems to be.

The best thing I can come up with are suggestions/places to look:
- Permissions: Is <path-to-ampjuke>/tmp completely open for all access (rwxrwxrwx) ?
- ...is <path-to-ampjuke>/xspf/ at least read+executable (r-x) ? The same question applies for the files within the xspf-folder.
- Are you able to play anything 'locally' (ie. over a LAN) ? An remote (like I'm trying to do) ?
- And, of course, a reinstallation: http://www.ampjuke.org/install_ex.php

Hope some of this helps.

I'll be happy to look into it, but then I'll need more access to your box.

//Michael.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PstarTV1 on 28-02-2011 07:43

Hello Group
I am still having problem with flash player, it didn't work with the early version I didn't use it now I need to use it mobile phone can't play m3u files so this is the reason I am trying to get it to work. The problem is, it say, You don't have permission to access /jukebox/stream_flash.php on this server. I have the right permission for the file, I can delete the file stream_flash.php and it tells me the samething. any suggestion?
:idea:
Jeb Branch
PstarTV1
AmpJuke user
AmpJuke user

Postby PstarTV1 on 19-10-2011 19:47

Hello Everyone:
I am back trying to get my flashplayer to work, I never did get it to work from the last time, since I upgraded to 0.8.5 I going to try this again. My tracks play with Winamp but not with the flashplayer. the flashplayer pops up but will not load the track. I visit XSPF Web Music Player (Flash) website for help and it mention the playlist. I look all in jukebox for a playlist can't find it. can anyone tell me where is the playlist in Jukebox? I think that will fix my problem..
"Jim"
Jeb Branch
PstarTV1
AmpJuke user
AmpJuke user

Return to Installation / support