Errors in Favorites function in version 0.8.2

Having trouble installing AmpJuke ?
Check this.

Errors in Favorites function in version 0.8.2

Postby dcavalier on 09-04-2010 14:34

Hi All.

I seem to be having issue with every turn here.

When I try to add a track to favorites, I get a new page with only this error on it:
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

I also cannot share it even when I choose the person's name from the dropdown (I get another error but I'd have to recreate it to post here). Sharing is on. All the things in the configuration that would prevent me from doing so seem to be correctly configured.

Is anyone else having issues with upgrading to 0.8.2? I went from 0.7.7 to 0.8.2 and missed a version or two in between. Could this be the problem?

I still have not resolved the import issue so for now in the essence of my time I'm using the old version to import and I can still see them in the new version since they're sharing the same database.

Thanks again.
Darlene
dcavalier
AmpJuke addict
AmpJuke addict

Re: Errors in Favorites function in version 0.8.2

Postby Michael on 16-04-2010 09:20

Hi Darlene,

In relation to the error "an error occurred while processing this directive" I think it's related to the way your server is handling server side includes (SSI).

I cannot pinpoint exactly what it is, and I cannot re-create the error condition on my own gear, but after asking google, it came up with a lot of suggestions in the results.

One - simple - suggestion (don't really know if it will have any effect), would be to edit "add2fav.php" and change line 11-13 so the files required, will be required no matter what. Line 11-13 should then say:
Code: Select all
require("db.php");
require("sql.php");
require("disp.php");   

...rather than using the "require_once" statement.

Hope some of this helps. If not, post an update (well...as usual feel free to do so in any case).

//Michael.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Errors in Favorites function in version 0.8.2

Postby dcavalier on 13-05-2010 20:46

Hey All.

Just in case anyone else is having this issue, I finally got around to look at it again.

It was nothing more than changing permissions on the files in which the add2fav.php file is calling up. I set them all to 755 and the favorites is back up and running.

Michael, just an fyi. I tried your solution you found out on the web first but was getting the same error.

Thanks for all of your help everything seems to be working for now.

Any plan in the future to add a tempo and genre search option? Such as, if I want to pull up all rock, midtempo songs and play them... For now, the way around this is to amend each title i.e. "Song Title 1 (rock mid-tempo)," "Song Title 2 (pop ballad)," etc.

Darlene
dcavalier
AmpJuke addict
AmpJuke addict

Return to Installation / support