Author Topic: Permission Problems  (Read 1915 times)

yurimuzicker

• Stalker
  • Newbie :)
    • View Profile
Permission Problems
« on: 11-09-2012 23:56 »
Hello Brothers,

I have many problems in my host with ampjuke ( the problem isn't with ampjuke, because it works perfectly in my "localhost") but i have to ask here... if yours have a answer i thank.

Print Of the Error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /mysite/stream_flash.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This error appears in the flash player window, when i click in the song..

Detail: I have changed all te he permission for ALL the archives in my site for 755, i do not understand what is happening in my server :-\

Att.

When i not use the flash player the stream works
« Last Edit: 12-09-2012 01:40 by yurimuzicker »

Michael

• Administrator
  • Addicted to music
    • View Profile
Re: Permission Problems
« Reply #1 on: 12-09-2012 10:51 »
Hi yurimuzicker,

Welcome to the AmpJuke forum/community and thanks for posting.

I think you're almost there, since it is a permission problem (as far as I can tell).

stream_flah.php (and a lot of other stuff as well) needs full access to <folder-where-AmpJuke-is-installed>/tmp.
..."full access" = rwx-permission (777) instead of the 755 you use.

This is normally checked during installation, but if you installed fisrt on your localhost and then transferred AmpJuke to the server, there might be a couple of permissions that gets "lost" during that process.

Hope this helps.

If not, feel free to post an update (well...feel free to do so in any case).

//Michael

yurimuzicker

• Stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-09-2012 19:11 »
Thanks for reply Michael, but my problem are not resolved yet: you can specify what files i need change? because have many files here  ;) meanwhile i will change some files according to my perception  :D

Michael

• Administrator
  • Addicted to music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-09-2012 08:34 »
Hi yuri,

Hmm.... ???
The folders that need full access (777) are listed in the first screenshot in the installation example: http://www.ampjuke.org/?id=installation
...asuming you're installing in /var/www/ampjuke-0.8.6, then folders tmp, covers, lastfm and several others - see screenshot - should have 777 permission set.

Can you verify that that is the case ?

//Michael.

yurimuzicker

• Stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-09-2012 19:24 »
Houston, we have a problem.....

Thanks for reply Michael, i understood all now!

I have only one problem: my host confirmed that can write and read files, but not run ampjuke in flash.. he says "we do not support this type of streaming" i live in Brazil and sorry for my bad english is of GooGle

the ampjuke, works pErfectly, the problem is the Host of Shit [ I HATE UVAHOST ]

Michael

• Administrator
  • Addicted to music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-09-2012 20:00 »
Hi Yuri,

Thanks for the feedback (and the add on Google+ as well...), - yes: Some hosts are rather <pick a bad word yourself>  :-X

On the other hand: Why not just AmpJuke without flash turned on ?

Without flash, it's all up to the users conneting to AmpJuke what client they will be using (VLC, WinAmp, Media Player, Mplayer, Totem, directly in the browser etc.etc.etc. - VLC is my favorite: it plays anything).
But at least it is possible to start streaming without the flash option.

Anyway, hope you will succeed with another host (or run AmpJuke without flash).
If some of the hosts in Brazil are as good as your national soccer team, they are great!  :)

//Michael.

P.S.: Your english is not that bad. At least I can understand what you're writing.

yurimuzicker

• Stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14-09-2012 21:46 »
yeah Michael  ;D

Thanks for praise my english,

Brasil is a good footbal team, but i wanted that Brazil had half of China's investments in relation to education ;D

Soccer: Brasil 8x0 China  ;D
Education: Brasil 0x8 China  :o

amp-z0r3d

• Singing for myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-11-2012 05:37 »
I'm having the same problem here when trying to look up a new image for an album or performer. The auto downloaded images aren't always correct, but when I try to do it manually, and click on an image from last.fm or google, I get:

You don't have permission to access /ampjuke-0.8.6/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Now, this is after a successful install, configuration, and while listening to tracks. :)
So, I changed all the permissions of the folders mentioned above to 777. Tmp, covers, lastfm, and top tags to 777. Setup php is gone of course. By the way, changing the install directory to 777 caused an error, nothing works after I do that.

Michael

• Administrator
  • Addicted to music
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18-11-2012 11:14 »
Well...I just cannot reproduce that on my own box.  :(

Downloaded, installed, scanned+imported music and finally did a "Scan metadata...".

After that, I picked some albums, asked for a new cover, clicked on one of the results from Google or last.fm...
...and it worked as expected.

One thing I'm very puzzled about is the fact that you cannot do anything - even with 777 set on all relevant directories.

Do you have an error log (/var/log/apache2/error.log) I can take a look at ?

//Michael.

amp-z0r3d

• Singing for myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22-11-2012 22:45 »
Sorry, I don't. Either no error is logged on a permission error, or I don't have access to them. I do get error.log generated in my home dir when a php error or warning is generated, like this little gem on the signup page which sunk my hopes of asking my friends to sign up:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/polyash/public_html/greenfreedom/ampjuke-0.8.6/userreg.php:4) in /home/polyash/public_html/greenfreedom/ampjuke-0.8.6/userreg.php on line 23
EDIT: maybe I can fix this in PHP.INI

Say, I'm guessing you have tons of more interesting things to do than debug my AmpJuke installation. Perhaps you are in need of administrative access to another sandbox? After seeing you give away to the public a body of work this size I feel really guilty about asking you for help without offering a sizable bribe. There is a whole list of these kind of things for me to solve before I can use it for its intended design purpose, but wow, it is just so damn cool.

And by the way, that human verification thing on the signup page is very cool.

« Last Edit: 24-11-2012 06:22 by amp-z0r3d »